When I last blogged, my posts were about our day out with friends and my kids playing dress up with friends. I'll pick up right where I left off...
I posted a couple of things our Elf on the Shelf, Chuckles, had done, but he was only just starting out. I know I took pictures of almost every day Chuckles was here (okay, I missed two days), but I can't find most of them now. Anyway, here are some of the highlights:
 |
| Chuckles brought "magic elf seeds" and the kids planted them in sugar. |
 |
| The next day, Christmas cookies "grew"! |
Kent (my mom's husband) was nice enough to let us borrow his handwriting for Santa. I kept this note he wrote that went along with the cookies. Kent never had kids of his own, and if you want to know the truth, I think he secretly LOVED playing Santa.
 |
| The kids told Chuckles about our upcoming trip to Cali, so he brought them sand toys! |
I made sure the toys were brought on a special day, so they wouldn't expect something huge every day from the elf.
 |
| It was on Lexi's birthday! |
My mom provided the elf's handwriting this year. She not-so-secretly loved it, too. ;)
 |
| He brought snowman building supplies for the kids |
 |
| Kaden LOVED the elf |
The girls didn't really care about making snowmen - they just wanted to eat the junk food. :)
 |
| This is how the picture looks normally.... |
 |
| ...and then Chuckles got a hold of it. ;) |
 |
| Ari was the smartest and just crawled under the trap. |
 |
| So Kaden and Lexi made her go back under and do it right. |
The other things Chuckles did was toilet paper the Christmas tree (the kids loved that one), write all over the bathroom mirror with a dry erase marker, hung out on the smaller tree on the mantle, and hang from the curtains. He also came to Cali with us (more on that later). He hung from one of the door handles (on the inside of the van) on the way there (which may or may not have helped to keep the peace for all 11 hours), then hung out on the mantle and from the lights at the rental home.
The kids loved the elf and he will definitely be coming back again next year!
I liked the Grandkids picture frame. :) Cute ideas!
ReplyDelete