We did gift exchanges with the extended families before we left (that will be the next post).
The only one I took pictures of, though, was with my mom and Kent. People are starting to think I'm crazy for ALWAYS having my camera out. ;)
![]() |
| I love her expression here |
![]() |
| Doctor's play kit |
Lexi loves to play doctor. I think I got 50 shots in the first two days she had that. She even insisted on wearing it to her well-check. Doctor Vicki LOVED it! So did all the nurses. Especially when Lexi got all serious about going around checking everyone's lungs and hearts. It was adorable! One nurse even went in the back and got some "special" Christmas treats for the kids (besides the normal suckers).
![]() |
| Jake and the Neverland Pirates talking telescope. :) |
![]() |
| This is a big dollhouse and the girls just can't get enough of it. |
My mom told me what she and Kent were getting Shane for Christmas about a month before this, and it was the HARDEST secret to keep. I knew what was coming, though, so I made sure to capture it.
![]() |
| "Are you serious??" |
See that look of disbelief?
This was right after Shane was told that he was getting an upright grand piano!
He was seriously thrilled. I've wanted him to get a piano forever (he's so good at it), so I was so, so happy this worked out for him to get one.
(In case you're wondering, it's Kent's old piano. A friend of his has been borrowing it for a few years (Kent has a baby grand, so he doesn't need it), and his friend is moving. Kent wasn't sure what to do with it, so my mom asked if Shane would like it since he's been playing their baby grand every chance he gets since we moved in. Ummm, heck yes!)
Anyway, I made sure that our new house will have a spot for the piano. :) Yay!!










Wow, that's an amazing gift. A piano will be perfect for the new house. :)
ReplyDelete