Monday, February 11, 2013

SoCal - Post 2

Monday was Christmas Eve.  We were going to go to SeaWorld, but it was raining pretty heavily.  Steph and I took the kids out in the morning, but couldn't find anything indoors to do, so we just drove around for a while.  (Shane and Danny had stayed home to play Halo.  I don't allow Shane to play that around the kids, so he was only too excited to have a buddy to play with.)  We headed back and after lunch and naps, we made cookies for Danny Shane Santa, then headed out to Chuck-E-Cheese!

Cutting out the sugar cookies


Ari would throw the ball, it would roll that far up....

...and then roll backwards onto the floor.  haha

So then Shane would step in and take care of things like a good daddy.

It's not a boat, but Lexi still did great driving.

Danny and Kaden


Lexi was SO good at this game!  She has great aim!

Shane had to help Ari out a little.

The horse actually moved and if you hit a red button on the neck, it would "jump."



I forgot to get a picture of the kids with all of their prizes, but they had a blast.  Kaden was about 30 tickets short of getting a toy rocket that he had his heart set on.  The lady gave it to him anyway.  People are so nice!!

After a couple of hours of fun and games, we headed back to the house to decorate the cookies.

Lexi went to town with the sprinkles.

Sprinkles, anyone?



Nom nom
Kaden made some "reindeer food" (oatmeal with sprinkles, I think) at preschool, so we spread that out on the lawn.




I love how pose-y Kaden has gotten lately.  These two are so cute!!
 Steph decided to make our pies for Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve.  The house we were staying at didn't have 9x9 baking things, though, so Steph improvised.
What she didn't realize until the pies were already made, though, was that the cheesecake crust was supposed to be cooked (the Oreo one didn't need to be).  Oh well.  They still tasted good!  :)

After dinner, it was time to open their one Christmas Eve present.


Star Wars Angry Bird pajamas!

Dancing monkeys for Lexi

And a matching dancing monkeys onesie for Ari

I love this picture

This is how Lexi rolls her own pants up. haha
Someone, who shall remain nameless, suggested that the kids should write letters to Santa.  This person obviously didn't realize how much work that meant for me, but the kids jumped on the idea.  An hour and a half later, they were done.

Lexi "writing" to Santa.

Kaden took a painstakingly long time, but the result was well worth it.


 His letter reads:
"Dear Santa,
Thank you for bringing presents.  I have been a good boy.  Enjoy your cookies!
Love,
Kaden"
At the bottom is a picture of one of the ninja turtles.

His S's are backwards and I wouldn't change them for anything.  I kept this letter and I'll be putting it in his baby book.  It's priceless to me.

Santa came!
Next up, Christmas Day!

1 comment: