On Friday we went to the San Diego Zoo. This was special for me because I'd never been there, so it was both mine and the kids' first time. I'd heard a lot about it (mostly from watching Madagascar over and over), so I had high hopes for it.
 |
| BABY!!! |
 |
| There were more zebras later, so I'm not sure why these two were paired together. |
 |
| Breakfast time! |
We were in the right place, at the right time and got to see the cheetah being moved to a different enclosure for the day. We learned that the dog and cheetah are best friends. They have the dog come out first so that when the cheetah follows, he goes off of the dog's emotions. If the dog is calm (and is 99% of the time, apparently, that's why the zoo got that breed of dog), then the cheetah will be as well. The dog and cheetah stay together all day long, even in the enclosure.
 |
| The cheetah stayed in the corner, while the VERY large dog walked around and checked things out. |
 |
| The Hogle Zoo's meerkat enclosure looked like a cabinet compared to this one. It was HUGE! |
 |
| Lexi "helping" haha |
I loved that there was more than one play area. It's a very big zoo.
 |
| Guess what he did next? |
 |
| Yup, jumped. ;) |
 |
| Feeding time meant lots of great butt shots |
 |
| Can you see the lion? My kids had never seen a lion before! |
 |
| More babies!! It was seriously SO tiny. This picture doesn't do it justice. |
 |
| Kaden was like, "Oh! THIS is where Santa's reindeer come to rest after Christmas!" |
 |
| Lunch time! |
 |
| They had escalators!! |
 |
| Do you know why flamingos are pink without Googling it? I do! |
 |
| The aviary |
 |
| This guy was hilarious. Totally mugging for all the people watching. |
 |
| Shhhhh |
 |
| Play time again! |
They even had a petting zoo!
 |
| This chained off area was where the animals went when they needed a break from all the love. |
 |
| Ari woke up just in time to pet some goats. |
 |
| For some reason, this one was Lexi's favorite. |
 |
| Spider-Kaden and fly-Lexi |
 |
| This guy was so much fun to watch. He was swinging all over the place. |
The zoo was a lot of fun! A TON of walking, but still fun. I've been to the Safari Park before (used to be the Wild Animal Park), and I was expecting the zoo to be on a scale closer to that. It wasn't, so I was disappointed about that, but it was still incredibly large when compared to the Hogle Zoo. :)
Answer: shrimp. Umm, that's crazy about the Cheetah. It looks like an excellent way to get eaten. What an awesome trip!
ReplyDeleteYup, shrimp and algae! Good job!! Yeah, Kaden is pretty sure cheetahs are allowed as pets now because "they were taking him on a walk!" :/
Delete