Monday, February 18, 2013

Won't you be my V-A-L-E-N-T-I-N-E?

I learned a song in third grade that went something like this, "Won't you be my V-A-L-E-N-T-I-N-E? Don't you know how happy I would be?"  There was more to it than that, but that's all I remember.  That's how I learned to spell the word "valentine" and chances are if I have to write the word out, to this day you'll still catch me singing that little diddy as I write it out.

Growing up, my mom always had special treats for us on Valentine's Day and I always looked forward to it.  I've made sure to keep that tradition with my own kids.

Double chocolate chip muffins (the kids' favorite), and fun treats!


My mom did strawberry milk for us (since it was pink), but I didn't have time to grab that at the store, so they got chocolate milk instead (and loved it just as much).  The kids and I spent the day calling Shane at work (multiple times) telling him how much we love him.  They had a blast.  ;)

1 comment: