Actually it was a long weekend, but we'll start with Saturday.
I was forced convinced to do another 5k, this time with my friend, Kenzie. If you weren't around for the last 5k 6-ish years ago, let me summarize: I pushed myself waaay too hard and because of my exercise-induced asthma, coughed so hard I tore my esophagus and coughed up blood for the next two days. It hurt SO BAD. Needless to say, I was more than nervous about this one. But I'm typing this so, *SPOILER ALERT*, I survived.
![]() |
| Before the race. Yes, Kenzie is wearing makeup. No, I'm definitely not. |
It was COLD, but the rain hadn't started yet, so we were good to go. Just after the two mile mark, though, it started hailing. Hard. It really was like a thousand little stings everywhere skin was showing (I had idiotically left my jacket in the car). That didn't last too long, then it just sprinkled for a bit. I jogged a little, not as much as I wanted to, but I wasn't hacking up a lung at the finish line, so I guess that's good.
![]() |
| We got our swag bags! |
It was really fun just chatting with Kenzie the whole time. We so rarely get to talk without kids present, so that was nice. As we were leaving, the stinging sideways rain started so I'm glad we got out of there when we did.
After I got back home, I grabbed Kaden and left right away for his soccer game (no time to shower). :( I left Shane and the girls at home because it was still cold and sprinkly.
![]() |
| That kid in the blue shorts was really good - to the point that parents started to question his age. |
After the game, I dropped Kaden off and headed to my sister-in-law's baby shower at a park in Layton. (Still no time to shower.) It was outside and I was just absolutely shivering the entire time. When I got home, I layed in bed under my comforter for an hour just trying to warm up. I finally got in a very hot shower and was warm again for the first time all day.
For dinner, Shane suggested we go out for an early Mother's Day dinner. I chose Texas Roadhouse because rolls.
We've been there a lot and have always loved it, but our server was crap this time around. Seriously. I've worked as a server so I have a LOT more patience with them than other people usually do, and even I was mad by the time we left. But the food was still good.





Wait, last time you tore your esophagus? Was that the time I went with you??! How did I not know that. I'm sorry... Good for you for getting out there again. I'm glad it went well this time.
ReplyDelete