Saturday, January 17, 2015

Merry Christmas!!

Christmas Day was crazy busy this year, but it was a great day.

Santa came!!
Reading Santa's letter
 Santa left a note saying Chuckles could stay just one more day to watch the kids open their presents (they were all in tears at the thought of him leaving on Christmas Eve, so they wrote Santa a note asking if Chuckles could stay one more day).




We started a new tradition this year where the kids get to pick out one present for each of their siblings. It really helped them focus on what that person would want, not just what they themselves would want.
We started with the sibling gifts.
This was from Lexi.
I got these Disney blankets with their names embroidered on. They loved them!
Especially Ari. She's been wanting her own blanket (like Lexi has) for so long.

Art set for Lexi and a Transformer for Kaden.
Art set for Ari.

Opening the family gift.
We've LOVED this game. It's so fun for all of us to play. We've used it so much already. Thanks for the recommendation, M!


Opening the "big gifts."
The newest Skylanders game! He was thrilled!
Her very own bike!
The girls were so excited to get their own bikes that weren't Kaden's blue hand-me-downs.
My baby sister, Natalie, was calling on Skype at 11:00 so we were supposed to head up to my mom's house, but a big snow storm came in so everyone came to our house instead.

I made sure her stupid dog, Bear, was there. It made her cry. :)
I got her to pose like her cardboard self (that she doesn't know about).
It was so good to see her again. I never imagined missing her as much as I have and I'm thrilled to have her back in October!

 After lunch, we headed to my grandparent's church. Ever since I was a baby, my grandma and grandpa host a huge family Christmas dinner at their house. But I knew this year wouldn't happen because of all of my grandpa's health issues he's been going through, so I got my aunt and cousin to help out and we were in charge of it this year. It turned out great! We all decided this will be our new tradition. So much less stress for our grandparents!


My cousin finds the best shaped butter. For Thanksgiving she got butter turkeys.  



My aunt's centerpieces for the food tables.

Drinks and desserts

The Ozminski family takes our desserts very seriously.
It's not Christmas without Cardboard Natalie!

Shane set up a kid's room to keep them occupied while we were setting up.

Napping with daddy.
Chow time!
My adorable Aunt Kristy making good use of her table decorations. ;)
Milk drunk.
My cute cousin, Leigha, following her mom's example.
My Uncle Aaron secretly loved the bow.
A great Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas. I didn't know that Natalie doesn't know about cardboard Natalie. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete