(Kelly, this is the first of seven posts.) ;)
We bought a house! We've been here a month now and fall more in love with it every day. Everyone's been bugging me to post pictures of it, so I'll do one level at a time.
I still need to take pictures of the kitchen and family room to complete the main level, but here's the front room.
![]() |
| Welcome! |
This is the view when you first walk in. Minus the box that's not there anymore. (Yay!)
![]() |
| Other side |
Eventually we'll get a loveseat and single seat in here. It will be the "visiting teaching" room. I can't decide if I should put pictures up now, or wait until we get the furniture. I'd hate to put holes in the wall if I'm going to move the pictures someday. Any thoughts?
![]() |
| Shane's baby |
This is the piano my mom and Kent gave Shane for Christmas. It's needs a little TLC, but it's a beauty. I can't wait until it's all refinished and gorgeous. For now, though, the sound is great, which is what really matters. I knew the kids would play on it for a while, but now that the novelty of it has worn off, it's surprised me which of the three kids continues to play it. Can you guess which one?
Ari.
No, really.
She absolutely loves the piano and sits gently plucking away at the keys for hours. It's the only thing I've ever seen hold her attention for more than ten minutes. She can't even sit still through an entire movie. But she makes up her own songs, complete with singing, and I love it. I've tried to record her, but the minute she sees me she yells, "CHEESE!" and stops playing and singing. I'll get her one of these days.
The rest of the main level will be posted later today! Stay tuned!



Those wood floors are gorg!!! If it were me I'd center that piano though. Such a perfect focal point to be pushed into the corner :) (Sorry i have a lot of sisters. I'm used to just saying whatever i want.)
ReplyDeleteseriously, such a pretty home. Can't wait to see the rest of your pics!
Thank you! I actually really want to center the piano (it bugs me so bad where it is), but with the air vent receiver thing right there, we were told not to cover it up. :( Once we refinish the piano, I want to turn it at an angle in the corner. Hopefully that will help it look better.
DeleteYay, Ari can be your piano player. I love the house!
ReplyDelete