Shane's mom, Karen, turned 51 this past Wednesday. They took everyone to Boondocks to celebrate! We'd never been there, but I'd heard good things about it, so I was excited to show the kids the place.
After pizza, cake, and ice cream, we started out with mini-golfing.
 |
| Shane helping Kaden |
Two holes in, Lexi was bored and wanted to be done. I can't say I blame her...golfing is the most boring "sport" in history. So, I took her to the bumper boats, but it was super windy, which made it really, really cold and I didn't want to get wet. (Mostly because I knew Lexi would be whiny the rest of the night if she was even slightly wet.) I convinced her to try the bumper/race cars instead. She technically wasn't tall enough, but the guy didn't stop us.... ;)
Eventually, all the girls had to go potty, so the rest of us went inside and Shane stayed outside with Kaden and did the bumper boats and race track. There is arcade-type stuff to do inside (like a super expensive Chuck-E-Cheese).
 |
| The kids were all obsessed with the motorcycles. |
 |
| Cute Ryley! |
 |
| He loves posing and it cracks me up. |
 |
| Roller balls! Perfect size for the little kids. |
 |
| The birthday girl bowling! |
 |
| Shane had to go get Ari's ball. |
 |
| Val helping Ryley. |
 |
| Trying to show Ari how to roll the ball as opposed to throw it. |
 |
| Kaden would get a running start and chuck the ball really hard. |
 |
| Posing again |
 |
| Ryley and Ari hugging |
 |
| More motorcycles |
It was a really fun night and the kids had a blast! They got some cheap-y toys with their token ticket things and fell asleep on the way home. :)
My kids love Boondocks too. I like it because it's always been free. Sign up for their birthday pass. :) Those are some sweet poses from Kaden.
ReplyDelete