Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Independence Day

Our 4th of July was busy, busy, busy!

At the West Point Parade








Oh my gosh he just kills me.  Love his expressions!

Loads of tractors

This was Shane's face when he saw the next tractor....

Shane said, "Why on earth is SANTA on a tractor?!?!  That doesn't even make sense!"



We haven't ever gone to the booth stuff after, but thought we'd check it out this year.

The kids saw this and knew this is what heaven looks like.


Lexi disappearing through the course.


We didn't stay too long because it was HOT, HOT and Kaden was developing a weird rash.  (Heat rash is supposed to be itchy, and this wasn't, but I still think that's what it was.)



We hit up our favorite place for lunch: RC Willey!




This is what the kids and I do while Shane covets the electronics.

I was supposed to work that night, but my boss ended up getting someone to cover my shift so that I could take my kids to the fireworks.  So great!  We met up with friends at the Layton fireworks.  Kevin's mom's house is across the street from where the fireworks go off, so we got to enjoy them with a fenced in yard and a close bathroom for the kids.  It was awesome!


Doing our own mini-fireworks pre-show.


Jess and Sam

Still overheated.



Kevin sat in this chair and broke it.  bahahaha

Shane was playing with the fireworks setting on our camera, but this is the best one he got.  I wasn't impressed with the setting.

1 comment:

  1. That is a long but fun day. It looks like West Point does a good job with the celebration. It's always so blazing hot on the 4th that I'm not surprised at all about the heat rash.

    ReplyDelete