Hogle Zoo had their last Wild Wednesday (free day during winter) this past week. The weather was scheduled to be in the mid-60s, so I told Shane to take the day off of work and I excused the kids from school. That morning, everyone got up and started getting ready like normal, then I pointed outside to the already brightly shining sun and said, "I don't know about you guys, but I'M not staying inside on a day like today. I'll be at the zoo if you need me." They were floored. hahaha So we packed a lunch and headed to Salt Lake!
There was a new (temporary) art exhibit there. They had everything from pencil drawn to crocheted.
 |
| I loved this one. |
 |
| This one won some type of award. |
 |
| This one won a whole bunch of photography awards. |
 |
| Daddy's girl. |
 |
| Kaden insisted on pushing. |
Side note: we brought the single stroller for Ari, but she didn't use it once while we were there. Lexi, however, claimed that her legs were SO tired from walking (to the entrance from the parking lot) that she HAD to sit or her legs would fall off. There were a lot of overly dramatic tears.
 |
| Baby was getting a drink. |
 |
| Eating a pine tree. |
 |
| We'll go back in ten years and recreate this pic. :) |
 |
| Sunbathing rhinos. |
 |
| At the top of the slide. |
 |
| This guy kept going up to the doors and making really, really loud seal noises that sounded a lot like my kids when they're hungry. |
 |
| The other little girl would NOT get out of the picture. |
 |
| The brown bears were boring - just sleeping. |
When we were watching the giraffes, Ari dramatically gasped and said, "Mommy, dey don't have a baby! I dink dey need to get two babies. Den dey will have one and I can take one home!" *another gasp* "I would WOVE a baby giraffe!!" And then she went on and on about how the giraffe would sleep in her bed and she would cuddle it all the time.
 |
| The tiger was feeling playful. |
 |
| Overheated from playing with the ball. |
 |
| Kaden and Ari were howling at the grey wolf over and over, but he didn't howl back. haha |
Kaden has been learning about animals a lot the last two weeks and he saw a picture of the world's largest tortoise. When he saw this one, he started freaking out saying, "MOM! IT'S THE WORLD'S LARGEST TORTOISE! I CAN SEE IT!!!!!!"
We had a lot of fun, but I'm excited for the African Savannah project to be completed this spring. Then there will be lions and zebras again!
We missed our annual trip to the zoo with the Porters. :( I can't wait for the new exhibits! Cool pics!
ReplyDelete