Sunday, April 20, 2014

Kaden's Bee Book

As I've said before, I so, so love Kaden's charter school. For the last month, his class has been learning all about bees. I'm not joking in the slightest when I say that he knows more about bees than I do now. They had some real beekeepers come talk to them and let them taste bee bread (not bread with honey on it - it is something that the worker bees eat in the hive. Kaden said it was yummy), then last week they went on a field trip to the Ogden Nature Center to see a live bee hive in action (through clear glass). They are wrapping up the bee subject now, so for their last project, they got to write a short story about a bee. The only requirements were that there were at least five details and five illustrations.

I only helped a little. For real. A very, very little with some spelling problems.

Here, for your entertainment, is Kaden's bee book:


The Lion Chasing the Bee by Kaden Porter

"Once there was a bee sitting on a flower. He was reading a book about pollen. He saw a page that honey bees can't fly."
 
That's the bee's surprised face upon finding out that honey bees can't fly. hahaha

"Then a big lion came! The lion wanted to eat the bee. So, he chased the bee. The bee ran away."

"While the bee was running, he tried to fly. Then the bee got trapped in a pet cage."

 "But the trap was not for bees. It was for a frog because there was a pond. He called to the other worker bees."

 
"The Queen told the worker bees to go help. Then they brought the bee back to the hive and fed him bee bread. Everyone was happy except the lion and the frog."
 
Check out that bee hive

"The End"

He was so proud of his book! He worked really hard on it for a long time. He gets to read it to his class this next week (everyone gets to read their books) and he can't wait. :)

1 comment:

  1. Tell him I love it and he did a really good job. His first book! Maybe he will be an author just like his momma.

    ReplyDelete