Sunday, August 3, 2014

More random phone pics

I'm trying not to double-post here what I've already posted on Facebook, but I'm sure some things will be familiar. Sorry!

July:

July 5th we went to my cousin's house in Draper. Ever since I was little, I've known my Aunt Ellie makes the best homemade ice cream, but never knew why it tasted different than others. This is why:

Old fashioned hand crank. The best way to make ice cream.

All the kids get a turn.

Cardboard Natalie (my sis on a mission) hanging out at her usual spot: the kid's table.

They had SO many fireworks and we only got through half!

My cousin, Stephanie, and one of her two daughters, Sophie.

Cardboard Natalie enjoying the fireworks.

Instead of sparklers, they got sparkler swords for the kids. It kept the sparks a lot farther away from the kids, so it was a win-win.

That guy in the colorful shirt is Bakke, my cousin Stephanie's....significant other/baby daddy. His first name is Chris, but we have way too many Chris's in our family, so we call him by his last name. He's great with the kids and I vote we keep him. ;)
 
Cute Sophie with Steph photobombing.
 That was my favorite fourth of July event we went to. So much fun!!

When Jared gets sad/bored, I take pictures of him and show them to him. He LOVES it.


One day he was on a new feeding schedule and really sad/mad, so I turned the camera on my phone to face him. This is what he did:

 

Isn't that adorable?! So cute!

Another day he soaked through both of his onesies and, unfortunately for him, the only ones I could find in my stash that were his size were pink...

"Now I look like a girl!!"

The girls can't get enough of him when he's here.

This was for my own amusement. Jared, again, not amused. ;)

One day we were going out to get the mail and Ari tried to catch up with the big kids. She fell down our four front cement steps face first (I was nowhere near her, but still felt guilty). While Kaden and Lexi were grabbing me paper towels and ice packs, I grabbed some pictures.

:( I thought her nose was bleeding, but it was a scrape.

BIG goose egg.

A few days later it was healing no so prettily.

Once the scabs came off Ari was much happier!
I told you she's had a rough summer. ;)

Kaden drew this on the tablet....

Then drew it on paper as closely as he could.

He said it's Sonic the Hedgehog (I think?).

Countdown to school starting!
 Shane and I haven't been on a real date in a long time, so I found a babysitter one day and told Shane I had planned something for us. mwahahaha
Pedicures! Shane wasn't excited.

Hairy man-legs

Smooth lady-legs!

I love her expression. That would be my face, too, if I had to work on my feet.

So this lady working on Shane's feet was hilarious! She could tell that he was freaked out and questioning his manhood just by being there, so she teased him endlessly. The great part was that he couldn't understand her heavy accent, but I could, so I was joking with her while he only heard my side. She was teasing him about painting his toes, so I told her that he really wanted pink hearts on each toe (he was like, "NO!!" hahaha). She was great and before we left said, "We see you another five year, okay?" hahaha

 

I got sparkles, but they're hard to see very well here. They're cute. ;)
And that's the last time Shane will ever let me plan a date. ;) 

Cute kids growing up.
Our friends, Danny and Steph, came to town because his grandma died. We went to her funeral, but I didn't take any pictures. Danny stayed in town for about a week and we had them over for a Rook night (of course), but, again, I didn't take any pictures. Danny flew back home, but Steph is staying in town for another week and a half because I'm throwing her a baby shower this Saturday! She's not due until December 27th, but she won't be back out here before then.

 Steph stayed with us for a couple of nights this past week and, on Friday, Shane was off so she and I headed to Ikea. Neither of us had ever tried their famous meatballs, so we made a point to.
Meatballs!
 Honestly? They were good, but not anything as big as all the hype I've heard. And not something I would ever sit around and crave.

This, however, I will crave everyday for the rest of my life:
It was as good as it looks.
 Then we were all hopped up on sugar and made some...interesting choices. ;)

Ponchos!

Because who DOESN'T look gangsta in a poncho?
 We had large amounts of fun. ;) haha

Today was my newest nephew's blessing day!

Grandma Denise and Dewey Nelson Currie


My kids love him!
Well, that catches me up! There is a LOT going on this week, so expect another few posts this week. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Ari had some serious road rash. Ouch! The babies are cute, the sparkler swords look awesome and I think it's hilarious that you have a cardboard Natalie. So did Shane not like the pedicure at all because I think Scott would secretly like it? :)

    ReplyDelete