Monday, August 4, 2014

Porter Reunion

The annual Porter Family Reunion at Surf-N-Swim was tonight. 

Last year, if you remember, was horrible. I mean, HORRIBLE. I dreaded this night for the previous two weeks at least. I asked Shane's mom to bring their kid life jackets for our kids, so I knew that would help some of my stress level.

The dinner part beforehand was changed, and we all met as individual families and did our own thing. Shane's parents decided to BBQ, which was fine with me. :)

Literally one bite into my hot dog, Kaden said, "I need to go potty."

*sigh*

All I could do was laugh because, OF COURSE this would happen. If you never saw last year's post about this, basically Lexi went to the bathroom every 2.5 minutes and, since Shane is blind, I always am the one to take the kids in public places. She had blow-out diarrhea all night and guess who got to clean her up? Yeah. Me. I even had to go home at one point to bath her (before she could get in the pool) and get a new suit. It was a very, very long night.

Anyway, I took Kaden and Lexi on a walk to the bathrooms. When we returned, I sat down, took another bite of my hot dog, and Ari said, "Mommy? I need to go potty."

Shane, remembering last year, jumped up and said he'd take her since he was all done eating, which made me all sorts of happy. 

And no one had explosive diarrhea this time. ;)

We headed over to Surf-N-Swim, despite the darkening clouds coming our way.



The waves came on. haha

Getting so brave.
After they all tested out the water a bit, we put their life jackets on and I could breathe a sigh of relief knowing they were that much safer. We played for about an hour (we're usually there for three) before the storm really hit us and they evacuated the pool. I got my shivering girls dressed and made sure their bellies were happy.
Granola bars and water! Yum!

Lexi and Ryley

Kaden's shirt was wet from Ryley's hair. hahaha I didn't feel bad for him since he was trying to give her bunny ears.. ;)
Even though it was cut short, it was a great night and it went SO much better than last year!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, no explosions this year. It was pretty bad with poor Lexi last time. Too bad we don't live closer. I have a couple of extra life jackets...

    ReplyDelete