We woke the kids up early-ish Tuesday morning and broke the news. I posted that video to Facebook. Shane had asked if he could be the one to tell them...he was so excited and it was adorable. After their confusion/shock turned into excitement, we headed to Disneyland!
I should just mention here that Southern California was/is going through a heat wave while we were there. So not only was it in the triple digits, it was in the triple digits with HUMIDITY. I've honestly never sweat that much in my entire life. It. was. insane. Which is why we will all look shiny and sweaty in every picture.
 |
| Bus ride over! |
Just like last time, the kids chose the Buzz Lightyear ride to be the first one we went on.
 |
| The ragtime guy bribed Shane to get up and play something. He did great. :) |
 |
| She got her 1st visit button and was thrilled! |
 |
| Pirates was next! |
 |
| I was excited for the kids to see the Haunted Mansion decked out with Nightmare Before Christmas stuff. |
 |
| This was a right time-right place moment for us. We were second in line and waited all of 30 seconds. |
 |
| We drank TONS of water! |
 |
| Teacups! |
 |
| Ari was overheating so badly. I kept forcing more and more water into her. I didn't want the puking to start again. |
 |
| A long-ish ride that's out of the sun and has A/C inside. Perfect! |
 |
| Playing in Mickey's Toon Town. |
 |
| This was another right place-right time thing. We didn't wait at all! |
The kids were SO good with the waiting in lines in the heat. It wasn't too crowded and we only had to wait 15 minutes for the longest ride, but 15 minutes in that heat felt like an hour.
That was our first day there! Ari LOVED it and all the kids (and parents) slept very well. ;)
You guys scored big with short lines and finding characters. I love the minnie headbands. Triple digits with humidity... that sounds familiar, unfortunetly. :)
ReplyDelete