It was our turn to host our friends' murder mystery dinner game. Our theme was a diner from 1959, which couldn't have been more perfect for me. As I was thinking of ways to make our house more "50's diner-esque," I was like, "We need a jukebox. Well, we can just play the types of songs you'd hear on a jukebox. Let's see...1959, we'll need some Sinatra and Elvis and Dean Martin...oh, wait. I already have all of their music!" hahaha I should have been born a few decades ago. They had all the good music...and movies...and clothes.
The game box included a menu and under "Today's Special" was the menu that the host is supposed to make for that night. The problem was, it suggested pot roast, mashed potatoes, and all sorts of fancy stuff. I was like, "No way!" and decided on a real 50's diner meal: burgers, fries, and malts. Shane scanned the menu so I could "fix" it.
I got the glass bottles of Coke and some glass orange soda bottles as well. Little details make all the difference! While Shane took the kids to Kelly's house (THANK YOU!!!), it was my turn to get ready.
 |
| Anyone else ready for a sock hop?! |
 |
| Kim and Kevin got the "bad kid" roles. |
 |
| Shane was a wealthy banker and I was the good girl. |
 |
| Sam was a nerd and Jess was a knocked up former cheerleader. Which I picked for her because she's really a knocked up former cheerleader. hahaha |
 |
| Tiffany was a nerd and Ryan was a football player. |
 |
| All of us! |
We used the self-timer on my camera. I was thinking if I asked a neighbor to take a picture, they might never speak to me again after seeing us all dressed this way. ;) It was a fun (busy!) night. No one is really sure who the killer ended up being. Six of the eight of us all conspired to kill the guy (he was my twin brother), but the main three was me, Shane, and Sam, but Sam was the one who ended up "pulling the trigger" before I had the chance. Although my character wanted the brother dead more than anyone else. It was a twisted night. haha
And another huge thanks to Kelly for watching my kids for so long! They had a blast and were exhausted! The girls slept until 8:15 AM, so I'm going to bring them to you every day now, um-kay? ;)
You always seem to be involved in the murder. Hmmm. :-) It looks like it was a way fun night. Good job hosting! PS: the kids did so good that night. They all just played hard and had fun.
ReplyDelete