We had the annual Porter family reunion August 5th at Surf-N-Swim in Layton. I was so glad Kelly and her kids could come this year!
It started off as a miserable night. There is always a potluck dinner beforehand and before I had the chance to eat anything, Lexi had to go to the bathroom. Okay, fine, no big deal, right? I ran her to the bathroom about a block away, then came back, ready to eat. Less than five minutes later, she says she has to go again. I knew that meant she needed to poop. Because of Shane's eyes, I'm always the one taking the kids in a public situation (at someone's house is a different matter, though). So, while he sat there comfortably eating the good food, I ran her yet again to the bathrooms (still having not had any food). Well, she didn't make it. She was close, but not close enough.
And that was a bad time for me to find out she was having tummy issues and there was liquid poop EVERYWHERE. I didn't have any diaper wipes with me, and Shane wasn't answering his cell phone (of course). It took me a while, but I finally got everything (and Lexi) cleaned up the best I could with wet, flaky toilet paper. I knew that because of whatever that disease is that's caused by poop in the pool, I needed to wash Lexi down with soap before she could get in.
So, still not having had anything to eat (and not wanting to at this point...there was no soap in the bathroom), I told Shane (with no small amount of venom - it was the hunger talking) that I was going to take Lexi home to wash her down and get her other bathing suit. Lexi felt soooo bad, but I did make sure to keep telling her it's not her fault and sometimes tummies get upset.
Anyway, we got home, washed her down really well, suited her up again and headed back. I stopped at McDonald's on the way because I knew we would need to head straight to the pool by the time we got back (7:00 PM by now). Plus, it made me happy. ;)
So, we finally got back and I tried to let it all go and have a good time. Again, it helped that Kelly was there.
Around 8:30 or 9:00, Lexi said she had to go to the bathroom again. At this point, though, I was fed up with it and Shane didn't even hesitate to volunteer to take her. He came back ten minutes later without her. She didn't make it...again. Time to call it a night! Lexi rode home bottomless, but wrapped in a towel and I prayed she wouldn't have an accident on the way home (she didn't). I was more tired than any of the kids by the end of that day.







Yah... bad night for you and Lexi. I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything to help either. At least she didn't share the love with anyone else in the house. That could have been bad.
ReplyDelete