Friday, January 31, 2014

Suzanna's Shower

My older sister, Suzanna, is having her third child, but first boy.  Her sister-in-law, Wendy, wanted to throw a shower for her to help out with the clothes (and y'know, everything else), but didn't want to make everyone drive to Lehi (her house) for the shower.  Suzanna asked if I would have it at my house.  After trying to come up with every excuse in the book and being shot down, I agreed.  Wendy and I figured out a date that worked for both of us and began planning.  Suzanna gave me 43 names to send invites to.  43.  No problem.  I can handle that.  Until the week before the shower when I asked Suzanna if she'd handed any out to her ward like she had talked about and she said yes, but wouldn't tell me a number.  That worried me.  Turns out, she handed out an additional 45 (!!!!) invites!!!!!

NINETY-THREE PEOPLE WERE INVITED TO MY HOUSE AT THE SAME TIME!!

Needless to say, I was irked and reamed her for it, then was like, "I'm gonna tell Wendy on you!  She's gonna be soooo mad!" Cause I'm mature like that.

Wendy and I figured out the seating and food situation and handled that little disaster, but I'm still mad at Suzanna for inviting the whole world to her baby shower.

Anyway, the shower was this past weekend and went very well.  A TON of people came, but I sat on the couch and let Wendy stress about it instead of me.  :)

Look like enough for 93 people???


Wendy made these favors for the guests.  I would have gotten the ones with almonds, because...well, Suzanna's having a boy...with nuts.  Bahahaha

The bottom sign says "Jared."
I didn't make these.

Wendy and Suzanna
Wendy did all the hard work.  I just cleaned my house (no easy feat, though).  ;)
And I will never again allow that many people inside my house at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap, I didn't even invite that many people to my wedding. Good job.

    ReplyDelete