Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Kaden's graduation

Kaden's school does an unofficial graduation (which is fine with me because I've always thought the preschool and kindergarten graduation is a bit uncalled for), but they called it a "Celebration of Learning" where the kids get to show the parents what they've been learning all year.

Killing time coloring

Shane took work off to be there. :)

Kaden is on the back row.


I couldn't get a good picture for the life of me.
 Since the pictures suck, here's what's going on: the kids spent two months learning everything about bees. Because of the type of charter they are, they learned, saw, tasted (bee bread - it's a thing), and had an all-encompassing learning experience. For their program, they did little skits showing what bees do. One group did the waggle dance (it's a thing, too), but Kaden was really happy about being in the group where he got to run/fly around like crazy while workers tried to "smoke" the bees to get their honey. He cracked me up because he was darting around so fast going, "YOU CAN'T CATCH ME!!" hahaha


I helped with the hats.
This group got to show how bees get pollen from flowers and because I volunteered so much this past year, one of the days I got to help make the flower hats. They are made from giant sized coffee filters that the kids colored with syringe-type things (no needles!). It was fun and I loved seeing the finished product.

After the program, the kids got to show off their portfolios of work. Shane's parents and my dad were all there and Kaden showed us his work from the last year. The teacher kept art, tests, Kaden's bee book, and his report cards. So fun seeing how far he's come!
Showing off his folder.

He got to keep his bee shirt!

Lexi wanted in on the picture, so I told her to kiss him at the last second. This was the result. I love his face.

I love my cute kiddos!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how fast this year went. We already have Kindergarten grads. Congrats Kaden! That looks like a fun school. I'm liking Kaden's spiky hair. ;)

    ReplyDelete