Sunday, September 7, 2014

Comic Con Anyone?

Shane was able to get some free tickets from his work for the Comic Con in Salt Lake on September 4th. We were so excited from all that we had heard about it and even pulled Kaden out of school early and Shane got off of work really early for it. Luckily for us, it was right across the street from City Creek. We walked to where the line was, and then saw that it wound around and around and around. One of the workers said it would be a FOUR hour wait from where we were. Forget that!

So we decided to check out City Creek since Shane and the kids hadn't ever been there.
 
We found the water! :)



We went to the Disney Store (I swear we are giving the kids so many clues about our upcoming trip!) to check it out. It was all of our first time's there. The kids were in heaven!
Loving the play castle that is set up.


Coloring time.

Disney songs and clips played in the background while all the kids colored.
 There were some items there that were on sale, so we actually had the kids pick out their own souvenirs without them knowing it! hahaha We told them that they can't have any of the stuff until AFTER the trip (but I'll bring it along and surprise them on the last day at the parks).
They were SO happy!
Shane and I felt bad that we had taken free tickets and then not used them when someone else in his office gladly would have stood in line for hours and hours, so we went back and the line was much smaller then. We stood in line for about 45 minutes and didn't move much. A family coming out of the building stopped and told us that, once you're inside the building (which we were still at least 30 minutes from), it was another 3 1/2 hour wait before we would get in to the kid area!!

At that point, the kids were tired, hot, and hungry (me, too) and Shane and I didn't feel badly anymore, so we got out of there! Plus, I learned that once you get inside, EVERYTHING costs money. $50 for a picture, $30 for an autograph, HOLY FREAKING CRAP! What was the point in charging admission?? I wasn't happy and will never, ever go to the Salt Lake Comic Con again. I've heard the San Diego one is run much better, but I'm really not that big of a nerd to want to attend.

Anyway, on the way back to the car, the kids wanted to play in the water area again. Lexi had a towel in the car, so I told her to get soaked if she wanted. :)

Kaden took some convincing to play in it.

Ari stayed on the outskirts the whole time. She wasn't a fan of the water.

Handsome little man! (Lexi got soaked!)

Cuddle buddies
Comic Con was a total bust, but we're still glad we went and were able to spend some family time at City Creek!

1 comment:

  1. I've ordered things online but never been inside the Disney store. I'm sure the kids really were in heaven. So do they know you are going on a trip but don't know where? Sorry that Comic Con was such a bust. I would have abandoned that line too!

    ReplyDelete