Shane was gone for a week in San Antonio for work last month. It's the first time he's ever left without me and I was scared to death to send him into the airport by himself. He made it through without tripping over anyone or anything, so that was a relief.
While he was gone, though, the kids were having meltdowns the first day about daddy leaving. Ari was just a mess and started bawling the first time we talked to Shane on Skype on Monday (which made Shane tear up, too...awwwwww).
SO, I decided I was going to distract the kids with so much fun stuff, they wouldn't even realize the week was passing so quickly. We went out to different activities almost every night. Tuesday we went to Red Robin with Shane's parents, then had a popcorn pizza pajama party Wednesday, Thursday (?? I think?) we went to Chuck-a-rama with my mom and Kent.
![]() |
| Chuck-a-rama will get us through this, kids. |
They spent a lot of time on Friday making a welcome home sign for Shane. Kaden put a lot of detail into his parts.
![]() |
| I love Lexi's little people |
![]() |
| I put it up Saturday morning and made them smile for me. |
We were going to pick Shane up after naps that day, so I decided to take them out one last time.
![]() |
| To Denny's for breakfast! |
I was....grateful?...for the week alone with my kiddos. It helped me realize just how much Shane helps out at the end of the day when I need a break. It also helped me realize how much cleaner my bathroom stays without a man there. ;)













Wow, Kaden really did do a lot of detailing on that sign. You survived Shane's trip!! Good idea on staying busy.
ReplyDelete