Sunday, December 15, 2013

'Tis the Season

We've been getting ready for Christmas!

Some friends came over to help us put up lights because we don't have a ladder.
 Working retail on Black Friday was rough, so we didn't get the tree up until the Sunday after Thanksgiving (usually I'm all over first thing the day after Thanksgiving).


Ari kissing the tree.  She's a lover.

SO EXCITED!

She had to kiss every. single. ornament that she was in charge of putting up.



I promise Ari really was wearing shorts.

All done!

This was one of Lexi's sections.  See all the green stick ornaments clumped together behind the nativity?  Yeah.
I've been really proud of myself because I haven't rearranged the tree at all.  Even when everyone and their dog came over for Lexi's birthday party.

I've been kind of in a shlump this year with getting all the decorations out (for every holiday, not just Christmas), which isn't like me at all.  I think my job has been wiping me out.  I get home at 2:00 AM because of holiday hours and then just don't feel like doing the normal housework plus all the extra holiday stuff.  Anyway, I did finally manage to get our Elf back out.  I wasn't going to, but the kids started asking about him and if he was going to find us in our new house.

Welcome back, Chuckles!


He hasn't done anything "naughty" this year and I'm going to keep it that way.  I think that if the Elf expects the kids to be good, he should be setting the example.  He's mainly just been switching places at night....or every other night if I forget when I get home from work and the kids wake up before me.  I just tell them the elf won't move if they were naughty the day before.  mwahahaha


2 comments:

  1. I love the kissing of all the ornaments. Sooo sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey our elf has only been hanging out in high spots too. If I forget to move him (which happens often) I just tell the kids he is still asleep and then I move him when I get the chance. My sister-in-law posted something about kindness elves and I think I may steal that idea for next year. Cute tree! I love that Ari is so in love with trees, ornaments, etc.

    ReplyDelete