My mom was asked to play in the symphony for Olympus High's production of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella. She and Kent bought tickets for us all for Saturday November 1st. I warned the kids that it would be a different Cinderella with different songs, so they were prepared and not shouting, "She doesn't sing that in the movie!!"
![]() |
| Ari didn't want to leave Grandpa Kent's side the whole night. |
Overall, they did a really good job with the play! I was impressed. During intermission, Kent bought cupcakes for all of the grandkids because they have him wrapped around their fingers. (McKayla and Serenity and their parents were there as well, sitting behind us.) Ari struggled with the length of the play. She was done before the curtain fell for intermission. But Kaden and Lexi loved the whole thing!
Funny Lexi story: when I was explaining to the kids beforehand about what a play is, I casually mentioned that I had done a number of plays in junior high and high school. Lexi excitedly said, "Were you in Cinderella?!" I said, "No, but I was in a lot of other fun plays." She cynically raised her eyebrows at me, turned, and walked away. I was dying laughing. Her whole attitude was "you weren't in Cinderella, you weren't in anything good."
It was a fun night!


Grandpa Kent is doing it right with tickets and cupcakes. I'm glad the kids liked it. Lexi knows what she likes. ;)
ReplyDelete