Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Harry Potter Murder Mystery Dinner

We were invited to a Harry Potter murder mystery dinner on October 25th. I was cast as Professor Umbridge (which I was excited about) and Shane was someone who's name I can't remember (he requested a small character who wouldn't have to speak much).

Our hosts, Sam and Jess, did a combined thing with Sam's sister and her friends. What no one mentioned was that the friends were all hardcore actors who took this a lot more seriously than we did. :/ Oh well.

Sam's sister (naturally red hair on the far right) and her group of friends.
Fun, random fact: The super tall, super hairy guy on the left? I know him. Yeah. He was a grade younger than me in school, but he and I did plays together all throughout high school. I hadn't seen him in ten years, so that was really fun. (He's not normally so hairy. He's in a play somewhere that requires it.)

Our old, married group. From left: Shane, me, Jess (Professor McGonagall), Sam (Ron), Cameron (Draco), Heather (Hermione).
Another fun fact: I know Heather from high school, too. She was in the student body presidency instead of doing plays, but she knew Brandon (hairy guy) as well. Last fun fact: Her husband, Cameron, had an older brother who was in our grade who I knew fairly well. It threw me off all night because they look really similar. 

Jess always goes all out with the decorations.






Jess grabbed my camera and yelled, "SMILE!" before taking a picture really fast. We were all cracking up because we knew her hat would be blocking us all. hahaha

Hatless this time. ;)



It was awkward with all the super-serious actors there who never broke character, but still a fun night! Shane's parents watched the kids for us and took them to the Clearfield Aquatic Center's carnival (no swimming - just games and stuff), then out to Pizza Pie Cafe. Basically, our kids didn't miss us one bit. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, she really did go all out with the decorations. It looked awesome. Small world with all the people you ran into that night.

    ReplyDelete