Both Kaden and Lexi had their parent teacher conferences last month when Shane was gone to Texas. They're still early on in their education, so they're both doing as wonderfully as they should be. Kaden's teacher is always so impressed with him and loves having him in class.
![]() |
| Kaden reading his new book I bought him. |
The school was doing a book fair sponsored by Usborne books (who had agreed to give the school a certain % of the profits). I let each of the kids pick one book and you'd have thought Christmas came early. Kaden was obsessed with his racecar book because it came with two wind-up cars and inside were three tracks (along with stories) for the cars to race around.
Lexi's PTC was the next day and Bravo has the parents sit in on the class while the kids show us what they've learned. Preschool is such a fun age.
![]() |
| Lexi's teacher, Mrs. Hedges, and the students. |
![]() |
| Making a spider craft. |
As many of you know, I was in love with Kaden's preschool teacher last year, Miss Brinkerhoff. For real, you guys, she is the epitome of what a preschool teacher should be. I talked to the office staff about getting Lexi into her class, but it didn't work out. I was really, really bummed about the teacher Lexi got when we went to the meet the teacher day. Mrs. Hedges is nice and all, but she was a 1st grade teacher for years before going to preschool. There is a big, big difference between how you teach a 1st grader and a preschooler and it was obvious she was struggling with the change.
In the last month, though, I've realized just how perfect Mrs. Hedges is for Lexi. Kaden wouldn't have done well in her class, but she's exactly what Lexi needs. Lexi has always been my child who pushes the limits and needs boundaries. Not that Miss B didn't set limits, but she's definitely more lax in her class than Mrs. H, which is why I wasn't a fan of her at first. I thought, "These are 4 year old kids! Don't discipline them like your first graders!" Then I realized that's exactly what Lexi needs.
I talk to Mrs. Hedges at least once a week about Lexi's progress (not in learning, but in behavioral issues) and Lexi is doing much better at not hitting/pushing the other kids and sitting still long enough for a short lesson, etc. Lexi is so, so smart and Mrs. H thinks she's probably just bored with a lot of the stuff she already knows. I've been giving her extra work at home (she's been doing copied pages of Kaden's homework for one) and that has seemed to help.
Anyway, Lexi adores her teacher and I'm slowly getting on that boat as well. :)



That's a smart idea to copy Kaden's homework pages for Lexi. It's nice that the teacher situation worked out perfectly for each child and that Lexi is doing well.
ReplyDelete