November 14th was the first grade's turn to lead community circle for the school (which is their name for the assembly). Out of 90 kids, about 10 are picked to help with the program and Kaden was thrilled that he was asked to report the weather. His shyness has come so far the last couple of years. Before he would have been paralyzed with fear to stand up and speak in front of the entire school and their parents, but he wasn't nervous at all. It only lasted about 30 seconds, so I didn't get any pictures, but I did get a video. I should figure out how to post that because he did a great job. :)
After the morning updates, the administration did a presentation that I loved. It's really crappy quality pics because of how they keep the lighting in the gym, so sorry.
Anyway, one of the lunch ladies has been battling cancer. They've done fundraisers for her and are doing as much as they can for her two children who attend school there as well. It was announced that someone on staff had gone around the school a few weeks before and gotten a thumbprint from every one of the kids, then they used those to make a huge quilt for her (she gets REALLY cold) and it has hearts all over it and just let her know she's so loved.
They also made blankets for both of her kids as well. One thing that I absolutely love about Voyage is that every child is treated like family. The entire school bands together to help a family when needed and I love it. Last year there was a girl in Kaden's class whose mom died of cancer and the school did a fundraiser for her as well. They truly, truly care about these kids.
After the assembly, Shane and I got to go see Kaden in his classroom to see what they've been working on. They've been learning about the plant life cycle.
The kids also had parent/teacher conferences and they are both doing amazingly well.
I'm so proud of them!




Wow, Kaden has come a long way. That's awesome that he wasn't scared about the presentation. What a cool school.
ReplyDelete