October 24th was Voyage Academy's Fall Carnival. I was so glad we were finally all healthy so we could attend! Last year it was a blast!
This year, notsomuch.
They took the Halloween part of it out this year, so the decorations were very scarce (which I'm sure was much easier for the PTA, but not as cute) and the games/booths were kinda lame.
![]() |
| Face painting was the worst part of the night. |
Last year they hired a guy who came and did an AMAZING job with the face painting. This year it was two moms who used paint-pencil things and drew a moon and stars (badly). Lexi was so sad she didn't get the same princess paint as last year.
![]() |
| Ari was nervous to ride by herself. |
![]() |
| She loved it once they started going, though. |
This hula-hoop game was kind of hard for the kids. Lexi was the only one I saw get the hoops on and she did it by putting the hoop over herself (like in the pic) and flinging it over instead of tossing it. So smart and she got it every time doing it that way.
![]() |
| He wanted to try the rock climbing again this year. He got slightly farther than last year. Baby steps! |
![]() |
| I didn't realize I chopped so much of Lexi's head off. Oops! |
![]() |
| Cotton candy! |
At the end of the day, I might have thought last year's carnival was better, but the kids had a blast at this one, too, so we'll call it a good day overall. :)















Other than the face paint it looks like the kids still loved it. I think our school carnival was just a dance with treats.
ReplyDelete