Saturday, October 12, 2013

Fire Safety

First of all, this is my 100th post on this new blog!  Woo!

Ok, so Layton City did a big fire safety night on October 2nd.  I took Kaden to one in North Salt Lake last Fall, but the girls couldn't go because Ari was sick and Lexi had just had her tonsils out.  I thought I knew what to expect from that one, but Layton goes ALL OUT.  It was awesome!!

Right when we got there we watched life flight land.


Lexi couldn't find her jacket so she stole mine when it started sprinkling (right after we got there).
 I waited in the line to ride the fire trucks while Shane took the kids to go shoot a hose.

The windows would push backwards if you hit them with the water.


No one got a ride in life flight, but the kids got to see the inside and thought it was pretty cool.
They also earned these hats for shooting the hose:


While we waited for a ride in the fire trucks, we saw them use a fire extinguisher and the jaws of life on a car with people "trapped." (Fake people.)  And the Layton Police Dept. brought an attack dog and we got to see a couple of demonstrations of the dog attacking the "bad guy."  I don't think it helped my kids' nervousness around dogs....

We finally got to the front of the line and Kaden refused to sit up front with Lexi, so I hopped up with her and he, Ari, and Shane sat in back.

It was HUGE inside!  And the siren was actually really quiet compared to how loud it is when you're outside the truck.
We only went around the block, but I had the chance to question the fireman who was driving the truck.  Really interesting stuff, actually.

Fun in the back!


Loving life!
 When we got back from the ride, it was POURING with no chance of letting up any time soon.  We hit the booths inside the fire station, then headed home.  The kids got new bags (backpack type bags with reflector strips down each side) that had so much fun stuff in them!

There were coloring books, coupons, slap bracelets, badges, tattoos, and stickers.

Loaded up with all their gear.

Scary/mad faces.
It was a great night and we'll definitely go back next year!  
And pray for sunlight next time.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Holy awesome! My kids would have loved that. Way to go Layton city.

    ReplyDelete