Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pumpkins

I've been pretty sick the last, oh, month or so (thanks, kids!), but we finally got around to carving pumpkins last night.  I still don't feel well, but I knew I had to stuck it up and get 'er done before Halloween came and went.

Ari was completely grossed out by the pumpkin guts.

What we had to work with.

Our gutter man.
 As usual, Shane and I did all the work while the girls chased each other around the house and Kaden sat next to me asking, "Is it done yet??"  Mark my words, next year WILL be different.

Kaden with "his" jack-o-lantern.

Shane using a freaking butcher knife to carve.  97 is the # of heart attacks I had.

Ari sticking her tongue out like her jack-o-lantern.

Ari loved, and I mean LOVED, her pumpkin.

She wouldn't stop kissing it.

Lexi and "her" jack-o-lantern.

Look at all the work we didn't do!

Silly faces!  And Ari is still kissing her pumpkin.

Time to light 'em up!


Ari's

Lexi's

Kaden's

2 comments:

  1. Get the little carving sets when they go on sale after Halloween. The knife cuts pumpkin so well but the end is blunt so the kids can carve their own pumpkin. Totally worth it. Tell Shane good job on the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's genius to buy them after they go on sale! Thanks!!

      Delete