Monday, October 14, 2013

Pumpkin Haven

Lexi's preschool did a field trip last week to Pumpkin Haven (a new place in Layton) and, luckily for him, it was after Kaden got out of kindergarten so he got to go, too.  :)

They decorated little pumpkin tags so we would know whose pumpkin was whose.

Ari was confused by the "pen."

They each got a pumpkin!
 After each kid picked a pumpkin, we headed to the petting zoo area:
We didn't pet these guys 'cause chickens are mean.

Bunny rabbit

We didn't pet these guys, either, 'cause they looked like they'd been talking to the chickens.

Learning about goats.  This one was six weeks old.
 Then it was time to walk through the haunted house.  This shows how much I love my kids because I haven't been in a haunted house for at least 12 years.  I hate them, but the worker promised that nothing would jump out and scare the kids (I asked...for the kids, of course). ;)
Welcome....


Lexi thought it was awesome.




Walking through in broad daylight wasn't too horrible.
 After we survived the haunted house, we headed into the (not-ever-haunted) maze:

And found our way out five seconds later.  It was a little too easy for my kids, but maybe it's meant for younger ones (around Ari's age).

 Then it was time to turn them all loose to play!


Since Kelly wasn't there, Kaden helped Ari slide. :)



Such a pro at the bean bag toss.

Ari...not so much.

The kids got to play and play.  It was a gorgeous, perfect day for it and I'm so glad it wasn't raining!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an awesome field trip. I'm surprised they weren't at least a little freaked out by the haunted house.

    ReplyDelete